Just imagine this: You’ve opted for a training room rental in Singapore and have discussed the revenue figures of your own startup with your very own team! Doesn’t that sound interesting enough to quit your regular job and jump into the startup bandwagon for? Well, owning a startup is always an exciting opportunity because you get to do things your way and head a venture that has the potential of making it big in the business world!
There are several advantages of being the owner of a startup and in this article, we shall take a look at the top few. Here they are:
- You get to be your own boss: That’s in fact the best part of being the owner of a startup. You don’t have to report to anyone and explain why you’re actually making a particular decision or move. You’re your own boss and you enjoy ultimate authority and control over your business. You don’t have to create weekly reports for your boss but nevertheless do the same to impress Venture Capital firms.
- Freedom to make choices – From choosing what unique product or service your business is going to offer to putting together a formidable team – you’re free to make your own choice. You’re ultimately the owner and should have absolute control on all aspects of your business. From location to business operation and from finance to HR – all will be under your control.
- Small capital is big enough for your dream – Startups can be initiated with very little capital investment since the key to success is the unique idea. You can start the business at a very small scale and then gradually expand your operations as your business grows. You can take your business to the big investors who will infuse capital into your small business if they can see your business’ market potential.
- Enjoy a better quality of life: Entrepreneurs generally build a startup doing something that they love to do. Often we find successful startups originating from hobbies or part-time jobs of entrepreneurs. Owners of startups get the opportunity to make their dreams bigger and improve their lives. They’re in such a happy and comfortable space in their lives because they get to do what they’re passionate about. A happy work environment breeds success!
- Building your dream team: Since you are the business owner, you can choose your team without any compulsion. Smaller teams in startups are like a family because every team member gets enough time to personally interact with each other. This helps in building a team solidarity that stays intact beyond the office walls as well.
Writing your own success story: Well, not many people get the opportunity to write their own success story. Usually, you’re either achieving for your company or for your top management without much hope for credit or acknowledgement. Startups, on the other hand, give you the unique and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to write your success story the way you always wanted to.